Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Apparently I Suck at Blogging...

Wow. I've really fallen off the horse with this thing. In my defense, life has gotten in the way of a lot of my fun activities, but I really should make a better effort to update regularly.

Our little trip down to Florida this weekend was nice. We were only there for 2.5 days, but it was nice to get away from this place for a little bit, even if the drive was 10 hours long. We relaxed and ate some good food...saw the shuttle launch...just generally had a good time. It was nice to finally see my dad's house. He's lived there a couple of years now and I'm just now going down to visit. I didn't take the first picture while I was there. HA! Oh well.

Now it's back to the grind. Piloting a new program at work where I round on patients in sort of a service recovery capacity. We're trying to catch them while they're here and handle any complaints they have right away, instead of them going home pissed and ripping us apart in the follow-up phone calls later. This was my first day rounding, and it was interesting. I started around 8:00, so most people were just waking up. Also, almost half of the patients I saw didn't speak English. I used what Spanish I could remember and awkward hand gestures to try and ask the questions. I'm pretty sure I looked like a fool. Oh well. I'm sure it'll get better once I'm able to do it more.

I had several topics in my head about things I want to blog about, but of course...they're all gone now. I need to just START the blog while I'm thinking about it, and then just save it. That way at least it's started and that can jog my memory later.

I'm ready to get back to my fantasy weekends. I know it seems like I waste all my time on the weekends, being cooped up in the house watching TV, but that actually isn't the case. When I am cooped up in the house, I'm washing/folding/putting away laundry, doing loads of dishes, etc. You know..."skirt work". LOL I just like to watch TV while I do those things. My taste and Husband's taste in TV shows tends to be the same with a few exceptions, and since he works weekends, I get to watch MY shows with no complaints or channel-changing. Saturdays are when I can completely escape real life for a few hours.

So that's all I've got for today. Sorry it's not more exciting. I'm going to work on some more interesting topics to blog about, so be watching for some actual content coming up soon! In the meantime, take a peek into my friend Ronan's life! I love Ronan, he's my gay soulmate. I'm the little sister he never wanted. (He gets no anonymity, either.)

http://www.wrongturnatalbuquerque.blogspot.com/

(As you can see I still haven't mastered the html link dealie.)

1 comment:

  1. Excuse me? You are the little sister I always wished I had, but now I can't seem to shake no matter how many times I drive you out into the country and leave on some back woods road... It like you have some weird GPS chip in your head or something... like one of those cats that gets abandoned by it's family in Pennsylvania when they move to California, and somehow the dang things shows up on their doorstep 3 months later...

    ReplyDelete