Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Complete Foolishness


Okay, so part of not worrying about child care and diapers and the like is having time to contemplate the real, serious, pressing issues.

Such as...at what point does a pouf stop being "Snooki" and more "Nicki from Big Love"?

SNOOKI:



NICKI:



So, let's analyze. The first thing that stands out as a major difference is the location of the pouf with regards to the hairline. Snooki clearly teases more at the crown of her head, while Nicki has her pouf at the very front of her hairline. Second, in Snooki's case, she has hair in front of the pouf. Nicki has all hair off of her face. Both women pair the pouf with excessively long lengths.

Now, the #1 rule with any pouf is that the pouf itself IS the hairstyle. If combined with any other style (ponytail, french braid, etc), you are immediately going to be branded as a polygamist. Personally, I think anyone who would still wear a french braid is probably a polygamist anyway, but a pouf/french braid combo is the final nail in the sister-wife coffin.

Of course I'm always going to lean towards the Snooki pouf. Simply because I don't share my husband with numerous other women. It's a little more up-to-date, whereas Nicki's pouf is straight from 1992. Anything retro needs to be updated from its original incarnation, otherwise you will only seem like you are stuck in the past.

Yes, these are the thoughts that I have during the day. I actually had a modified version of this conversation with V12, just today. We were discussing how I should do my hair for Friday night's Sex and the City 2 dinner/drinks/movie outing. (Big curls and a smaller Snooki pouf, for the record.) And I am not ashamed about how frivolous and trivial this issue is, and the amount of attention I pay to it. This is real life, y'all. People say they talk about politics and religion and BLAH BLAH BLAH...but come on. I ain't buying it.

Besides, with all the actual hardships we have going on right now, a little Snooki vs. Polygamists talk is a welcome subject.

Carry on!



1 comment:

  1. Sweet. I can't pull off a Snookie but I still need a new hairdo.

    ReplyDelete