Thursday, May 20, 2010

Restless

I'm struggling today. I never thought I would ever want to leave the town I grew up in, but lately I've been feeling like if I don't get out I'm going to jump out of my skin. Relocating to Atlanta was a very real possibility about a month ago, now that isn't going to happen. I got so excited about it, I really surprised myself. Now I'm telling Husband to look every day at the job postings for his company to see if there's anything interesting out there. I'm just ready to move on, I guess.

It's been particularly bad today. It's quiet at work, my boss is out of town, it's gray and rainy...leaves me time to daydream, which is always dangerous. My mind races most of the day anyway, but days like today...it's overheating in there!

I did go to lunch with T-Bird today. That was nice. I had a Frosty...that was REALLY nice. Dude, I love me some Frosty. We had a good talk. It's been a while since we had just some just Mel-and-TBird time by ourselves. I hate that she's going to have to uproot and start a whole new life back here at home, and I hate the reason she has to, but I gotta tell ya...I'm going to love having her around! I'm definitely not as hip as she is, and I'm definitely not as energetic as she is, but she pushes me to try to be that way. And that's good. (Right?)

My water exercise classes started back this week! The pools at all the community centers had been closed because of all the water resctrictions from the flood. It was nice to get back to that. (Even though I had to miss last night thanks to a screaming headache.) I haven't been sleeping well, so that's probably contributing. Either way, it's really nice to have my routine start to get back to normal. I'm craving normalcy and routine.

Wow, this post has really gone nowhere fast. I guess the only other thing I've got on tap is that Sex and the City 2 comes out next week! So excited. We're nervous that the sequel will somehow ruin the first movie, which we absolutely adore. V12 is worried that Carrie will screw up her relationship with Big somehow, since obviously Aiden is somehow in the plot. I say it'll all work out. Even if she cheats with Aiden, Big will always take her back. He's cool like that. He gets it. Like I said before, I'm crazy-in-love with Big. He is the ultimate fantasy man: rich, handsome, smooth, sexy. Every girl wants a Mr. Big, whether she wants to admit it or not. T-Bird is Team Aiden, and I think she's crazy. But I love her anyway. She'll just have to forgive me for being all over Team Big.

I suppose I should do something productive now.

No comments:

Post a Comment