Thursday, June 24, 2010

Flashbacks!

V12 found a blog that has seriously rocked my world. We both want to find this girl and be her BFF. (Also, Allie Brosh.)

BSC Headquarters

Anyone who was a 3rd-6th grader in the mid-80s to early-90s is more than familiar with The Baby-Sitters Club, and this girl is no exception. She's a librarian in her mid-20s who loved the series as a kid, and now that she can get her hands on them again, she's reading/reviewing them from the adult point-of-view.

I'm dying over here. She is HYSTERICALLY funny, and you can tell she still loves the BSC, but she doesn't hold back on pointing out the lameness that we all missed as kids. And the outfits...I can't even begin to tell you how she tears apart all the clothes described in the series. (And after looking back, it's no wonder V12 and I dressed like homeless Madonna wannabes. We took all our cues from Stacey and Claudia, who were "sophisticated" fashion icons!)

The swears are free-flowing...she refers to the girls as "these bitches" a lot. That cracks me up for some reason. V12 and I both agree that something about the way she says, "The fuck?" instead of "What the fuck?" adds a whole new level of WTF.

That's my half-assed, half-dead synopsis of my new favorite blog. Visit it now. Oh wait...Ronan just posted again. I have a different favorite blog now. LOL It's safe to say that all the blogs listed to the right are all my favorite.

Gotta go work now. They pay me to do that, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment