Friday, June 18, 2010

Just Kill Me.

I'm not cut out for work. I'm just not! I try to pretend I enjoy working, but I don't. I hate every minute of it. I took a couple of days off in April, and wound up just staying at home...I was the PERFECT housewife for those 2 days! Even Husband said that we would eat so much better if I didn't have a job. I'd have time to actually make healthy stuff to eat, the laundry would always be caught up, the house would always be clean.

REMIND ME TO BUY A LOTTO TICKET!

Anyway, last time I posted (100 years ago), I mentioned I was going to be doing something fun over the weekend. And I did. V12 and I took her mom to Atlanta to the Princess Diana exhibition, which was held at the Atlanta Civic Center. It was fabulous. The Spencers put it together...you know, people who actually LIKED her. No photos were allowed, but I managed to sneak a couple...


And then, of course, there's the one thing we all came to see and drool over:



It. Was. Beautiful. It seemed so simple, well...minus the 25 foot train, ruffled neckline, and poofy sleeves. There wasn't a lot of beadwork or sparkle to it, just elegant and gorgeous. According to the signage, it cost £1000, which was around $1900. Can you believe that? Translated into today's dollar, that's still only $4500. Most designer dresses cost more than that today. That blew my mind. There were lots of pictures and a video loop of the wedding, and she was just so beautiful.

There were a lot of her personal effects on display, and lots of her clothes. And then there was the room that held all of the things related to her death. A video loop played of the funeral and of her boys, Charles, Prince Philip, and her borther following her casket through the streets of London. Elton John's song was playing in this room. So sad.

It was a great trip! We didn't run into any Bonarroo traffic, but we did wave to the festival as we sped past on I-24, and we waved/hollered to T-Bird, who was sweating her ass off somewhere amidst the sea of campers.

This Saturday, I plan on having one of my Perfect Saturdays. It's mom's birthday, so she might come over and snuggle her granddog. Other than that...not leaving the house. It's been a C.R.A.Z.Y. week here at work, and I need to give my brain a break. People expect too much of me. I mean, you want me to be here ON TIME, stay ALL DAY, and do work while I here? Seriously? I'm no slave.

No comments:

Post a Comment