Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ready for a break!

Work is getting really crazy. We're trying to expand, yet there are physical space constraints to our expansion. We really don't have any choice but to expand, as our patient volume is growing by leaps and bounds, yet there is no money for a new space. This is presenting some serious challenges. Pair that with calendars that don't even have time for potty breaks, and it's going to be a busy summer.

And that's just work!

T-Bird comes home today. For good. She'll be establishing her social life again here, and V12 and I will most likely be a part of it. That's going to be an adjustment, as I currently have very little social life. It'll be a good thing, but still an adjustment nonetheless. I need to come out of my shell again...I've been good about retreating these past few years.

Church is also going to be busy this summer. Our pastor is leaving, and normally the choir takes a summer break during the month of July. Since the new pastor starts July 4th, the leaders thought it would be best for the choir to remain in service during all of July. Getting to know the new pastor should be interesting. I'm trying my hardest not to pre-judge him simply on the fact that he isn't Jay. That's not fair to him. I'm definitely going to miss Jay, though. He's been such a great pastor for 7 years, and he will truly be missed! (Even my staunchly Southern Baptist grandparents like him!)

I wish I had more time to blog in-depth, but I have more cats to herd...I MEAN...meetings and interviews to schedule. And meeting minutes to type. And copies to make. Oh, the life of a secretary. It is SO demanding. I promise I'll have more fluff nonsense to post about soon. In particular, V12 and I are taking a day trip to Atlanta this weekend for something very fun. Pictures and details will come probably Sunday or Monday. But trust me when I say...it's gonna be awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Gee, sounds like fun... (SLF for all you damn texters out there). Too bad you've made it pretty clear that you won't be seen in public with me, or I'd beg to go with you...



    Please can I go? PleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePlease? No?

    Fine... who needs you... 10 years of sobriety down the crapper... now where did I hide that bottle of vodka...

    ReplyDelete