Saturday, April 17, 2010

I am SUCH a slacker...

Yeah, I'm supposed to be going to Aqua Zumba class this morning, taught by my good friend Abby. It starts in...11 minutes. My ass is on the couch posting for you fine folks instead. It's been a long week, y'all. And my Saturday is definitely packed already.

EXCUSES EXCUSES EXCUSES

So one of the things that you'll learn about me is that I'm on a quest to drop some tonnage. Major tonnage. The kind of tonnage that most people have surgery to get rid of. I'm trying to do it on my own, though, and it's tough. I was doing really well (6.2 lbs lost!) until some unpleasantness came up that put a serious kink in my routine. I realize that this week will soon just be a blip on the chart, but right now in the midst of it, it seems like a massive FAIL. But, I'm willing to sacrifice my progress for a bit to be there for a friend in need. And boy is she in need. The kind of need that will require me to make from-scratch alfredo sauce for Angel Hair Carbonara (or, Coal Miner's Pasta, as we've dubbed it) tonight. If T-Bird needs CMP with crazy-fattening alfredo sauce, then that is exactly what T-Bird will get! With a heaping side of Nurse Jackie on DVR.

Anyway, last week while I was waiting on my water aerobics class to start, all these sweet blog-worthy thoughts were swirling in my head and I thought, "I really need to get started on that." Now that I have...I got nothin'. I think it's because of Project T-Bird's Parents. Lack of sleep, worry, and needing-to-do-something-itis have robbed my brain of all the interesting things I have to say. I suppose I'll have to resort to some general get-to-know-you type information. Which, I suppose, is appropriate since I'm new around here!

So, without further ado, here are 25 fact about ME!

1. I live in Nashville, TN.

2. I will be 30 this summer...and believe me, that will be blog material for certain.

3. I've been married since September 2007, and we only have one "child", of the four-legged and furry variety. (Lucy the Dachshund)

4. I am a full-fledged, card-carrying, blog stalker. Once I figure out how, I will definitely have one of those nifty lists somewhere in the side bar.

5. I am a TV junkie, and no doubt there will be posts about my favorites.

6. I'm trying to lose roughly 100lbs through diet and exercise alone. I fully expect this to take at least a year and a half.

7. Just call me the Grammar Nazi. I judge people who use bad grammar, I just can't help it. Please feel free to ridicule me if I ever use bad grammar. Wait, I shouldn't say that...sometimes I do it intentionally to be funny or to make a point. Eh, screw it. Do what you gotta do. (Spelling is different. While I am a fantastic speller, I realize it's just not some people's thing. I can't do math, some people can't spell.)

8. I like to swear. I'm trying to cut back, especially on the f-bombs, but sometimes you just need a good f-bomb. If this offends you, just take this as a forewarning. Sometimes I will swear on here.

9. I love to travel. Part of the reason I'm hesitant to pop out a kid is because I love to travel. To places where kids would be a hassle. And I hate Disney World. And Disney in general. (Well, V12 and I decided that I don't hate Disney. I hate Disney after people stopped animating by hand.) Just as an example, here was my travel schedule last year:
We started the year in Vegas. Literally, I started 2009 in Vegas...we rang in the New Year with about 10,000 of our closest friends on the Strip. In April, I went to Germany to visit my brother and his fiancee. Things were boring until November, when we took a cruise to Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios. Exactly one month later, we enjoyed and all-expenses-paid trip to Hawaii, courtesy of my husband's company. (Thanks, Babay, for busting your ass to earn that trip!)

10. I love to cruise. Yes, I do consider this to be completely separate from #9. Cruising, to me, is the best vacation for your buck. I went on a cruise in high school (with the marching band, which is a totally different topic), and from then I was hooked. Convinced Babay to go on a cruise for our honeymoon, and he was hooked. I'm always really disappointed when a friend goes on their first cruise and don't become as obsessed as I am. It's happened 3-4 times now. But whatever. V12, T-Bird, and I are taking a cruise next year to celebrate our 30 birthdays today. (Yes, if you've been keeping up, that means I'll be 30 this summer, and then AGAIN next summer. Don't judge me.)

11. I like the idea of being somewhat anonymous on this blog. Pretty much just in name only, though. I'll post pictures and whatnot, and I'm quite sure you'll find out details about my life, but I just feel better without revealing names. I was inspired by Heir to Blair. (Dang, I wish I knew how to do those cool html hyperlink thingy-dos. V12...help?)

12. I have seriously shitty taste in music. I really can't help that, and I make very few apologies for it. Maybe I'll have to do one of those ridiculous, "What's on my iPod!" posts sometime to just to prove this fact as true.

13. I don't take myself too seriously, which can actually be a bad thing sometimes. When I'm at work, I'm always pretty sure I'm about a heartbeat away from being fired. Only adults are allowed to have my job, and I sure as hell don't consider myself a real adult.

14. I'm awesome.

15. I'm a bit obsessive-compulsive. I know that everyone and their grandmother labels themselves OCD these days, and I'm not saying I have a full-on mental illness, I'm just saying that I have more than a few...quirks. Everyone does, so I don't stress it. Just don't judge me for wanting my volume (car, TV, computer speakers, what have you) on an even number or multiple of 5. And definitely never on 13.

16. I have a big family, and we are all nuts, and I love them for it.

17. I love to cook. I'm Southern...I'm sure that is a contributing factor. Every once in a while I'll attempt a new recipe and it becomes a disaster, but for the most part, I'm a pretty fair cook. Babay definitely never goes hungry.

18. I am a Christian. This may conflict somewhat with #8, but everyone has their flaws, right? I am a member of a local congregation and I attend regularly. I also sing in the choir there. I love my church, and I am SERIOUSLY BUMMED my pastor is leaving in June. But, such is the life of a United Methodist. Pastors come and go quite often...sucks when you have someone who is go fabulous.

19. I love to sing. I used to go to a karaoke bar every weekend, but I came to my senses. Not that I wouldn't still go, I just wouldn't go near the places I used to frequent. Seriously, guys...it was bad. My friends and I got to know this one KJ named Betty at a dive bar, and so we followed her around to different bars as she'd take on more karaoke nights. Let's just dicuss some of the places Betty would go. I met her first at Rhoda's. It wasn't SO bad...it was a hole in the wall near where I lived, and it had a "Basement Rec-Room" feel to it. And they took checks. This was important, as I was broke back then and often would write hot checks to cover my bar tab. Rhoda's then came under new management, and there was white-trash drama behind it. So Betty packed up her speakers and mic and started KJing at The Basement Lounge. This was a bar under a 1000-year-old grocery store. It was about 800 square feet of stale, trapped cigarette smoke, as basements don't really have windows, after all! (One day they procured a Fry Daddy, so that added the intoxicating scent of rancid used oil and fried food to the already charming ambience.) The owner, JoAnn, swore she was 60 years old, but she was 105 if she was a day. She stayed drunk, and liked to befriend the black people who would venture in, all while calling them the n-word. Again, new management, white-trash drama, packing up of the mic and speakers, and Betty moves on to what we called The Trailer Bar. I can't remember the real name. Anyway, it was a MOBILE HOME converted into a bar. They cut a hole into the back of the trailer, and built out an expansion made of plywood so that the pool table would have a proper place to rest. This was completely ridiculous. Add in the really dangerous neighborhood, and there's nothing else to say about The Trailer Bar. Then Betty's son bought a bar. Again, terribly dangerous neighborhood, horrible, dirty conditions...it's really quite the scene. It was called Dad's. By this point, I had gotten a job that required me to punch the timeclock before 6:30am, and Betty had decided that weeknights were the new weekend. I would go to Dad's on Thursday nights sporadically, but it made it really hard when the alarm went off at 4:00am. All the regulars started giving me shit for not "supporting Betty" and I just stopped showing up. I could tell you all about the white-trash drama that ensued, and the talking behind my back, but I didn't pay enough attention to it to really have anything to tell. I guess I realized I wanted to be a productive member of society, so I stopped going to places where I might get killed.

20. On the political scale, most would rank me as a liberal. I consider myself to be somewhat moderately liberal. I realize that this is very polarizing, but I never apologize for what I believe. My biggest pet peeve is people who label themselves as Democrat or Republican, conservative or liberal, yet can't tell me why they believe the things they believe. I respect all viewpoints as long as they aren't retarded. But even if your viewpoint is retarded, if you can back it up with intelligent thoughts...I'll respect it. It'll still be retarded, though. And I don't like to shove my viewpoints in anyone's face.

21. I really need to get a shower and get my car down to the dealership so they can fix the recall problems! My appointment is in an hour!

22. Is anyone still reading this?

23. I'm hungry.

24. I totally copped out on these last few items.

25. I halfway apologize for that.

So that's 25 (kinda) things about me! I'm sure if something wasn't covered there, it'll come out sooner or later. And whoever read this entire post (V12, I'm looking at you, since you're my only reader) gets 15 points. Oh yeah...you get points. Sometimes. For some things. They're Awesome Points. First one with 10,000 points wins.

1 comment: