Friday, April 16, 2010

*Tap, Tap* Is this thing on?


Hello? Anyone out there?


So, I'm new here. Not really sure what to do at this point, but I promise I'll learn. I should have started this a while back, but I was really resisting becoming a "blogger". And, truth be told, I am not a fan of the word "blog", just in general. I think it's kinda dumb. But whatever, right?


I really couldn't have picked a worse time to start this, as there is some hectic-ness going on in my life right now, but as with any kind of tragic situation, I'm feeling useless and helpless, so I'll just start here.


You're probably asking yourself what the hell a D.I.N.K is, and why it is that I choose to call myself one. Well, for starters, my best friend V12 (yes *insert real name here*, I have dubbed you V12 for blogging purposes. I am awaiting permission from you to use real names.) came up with it. I cannot take credit. It stands for "Double Income, No Kids". My husband and I are in our 30s (well, I will be very very soon...sooner than I'd like to admit) and we have been married for nearly 3 years. We have yet to procreate. We're not sure if we ever will. We see no reason to, despite all the pressure from The Man. We're happy with our lives as they are, and we have no business having a kid before we're a little more financially stable. (And the next person who tells me, "If you wait until you can afford kids, you'll never have them!" gets the hose. This, I vow.)


My purpose in starting this blog was...well, I'm not really sure, to be perfectly honest! I follow a lot of "Mommy Blogs", and I like hearing birth stories (I do work in Women's Health on the L&D floor, after all!), and I like seeing pictures of cute babies...all that. And I guess because I read one, I start reading others, and the snowball begins. I feel the need to offer a different perspective. Most parents I know always say, "I can't remember what life was like before I had kids!" And they mean that in the most positive way. Well, I'm here to remind you! Not in an in-your-face kind of way, mind you.


So having said all that, here's a little about what you'll probably encounter if you decide I'm not mental and you start following my blog:


Vacations

Work

Juggling work, home, husband, etc.

Weight loss (ughhhhhh)

Complaining (lots of complaining! It's a hobby of mine.)

Knitting

Family (Yes, people with no kids still have families!)

Pets

Blog-stalking

General laziness


I feel the need to add this disclaimer YET AGAIN:


I AM NOT CRITICIZING ANYONE FOR THEIR CHOICE TO HAVE KIDS. I JUST THINK I'M INTERESTING, TOO.


Thanks for reading all that. I promise I'm not this big of a douchebag normally. It'll get better. Stick around and give me a minute...I'll grow on you. If not, my puppy will!



1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I likes. And I'll keep the V12 monkier.

    ReplyDelete