Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday AGAIN...

Well here we are!! It's Monday all over again. T-Bird got good news about her parents this morning, so that makes the day good. I'm not thrilled about being at work, though. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate my job, I just wonder why I don't just wake up independently wealthy.

The lotto is up to $252 million...and every time I drive by the billboard, I mentally spend my winnings. Don't judge. You've done it, too. Since this blog is, evidently, about nothing in particular, here are some things I would spend my lotto money on. Keep in mind that I would take the lump sum, so $252mil would turn in to something like $110mil or something equally ridiculous. My husband and I also joke that if we won that much money, we would get divorced. We love each other, and we've decided that we would absolutely still be friends. In fact, we'd probably buy houses next to each other, we just wouldn't have to be married. I fully support his need to be a filthy-rich man who goes around banging 18 year old hooahs. So...there's that. So we'd split it down the middle, so I'd have roughly $50 million to piss away. (And let's assume I invest it wisely so I'm living off the interest forever. It's all about the assumptions and not real life.)

1.  Endless vacations. I'd be rounding up my friends and I'd take a cruise at least once a month. On the fancy cruise lines, too...not just Carnival. I am a Carnival-Junkie, don't get me wrong...but mostly b/c I can afford them. Trips to Hawaii, Europe, everywhere. I'd never be home.

2.  Even though I'd hardly ever be home, I'd buy houses just about everywhere. Of course my mama would get a brand-new house with new furniture and an interior decorator.

3. New cars. Mama, of course, would get the car of her choice. Probably my brothers, too. I'd get a BMW convertible...not unlike this one. In fact, EXACTLY like this one:




4.  Charitable donations. I have several I'd give hefty amounts to. I'd probably give a huge chunk to Vanderbilt so they can finally build the Women's Hospital addition to the Children's Hospital. I'd have to have some kind of wing named after me, of course.

After those things, I'm not really sure. It gets fuzzy. I'd be broke in a couple of years b/c I'd be so generous. Anyone who needed anything I'd just give it to them. I'd be broke, but I'd be hot driving around in that little convertible!

No comments:

Post a Comment